This ride is frontloaded as far as climbing goes; most of the vertical is done in the first third of the ride.
Dover Plains, NY to East Street, CT -20 miles, rolling then climb/ descent
East Street, CT to Salisbury, CT - 16 miles, climb/ descent then rolling
Salisbury, CT to Copake Falls, NY - 25 miles, rolling then climb/ descent
Copake Falls, NY to Millerton, NY - 13 miles, mostly flat
Millerton, NY to Wassaic RR Station - 11 miles, flat
Baird's General store in Cornwall Bridge is closed (4/15). The first water/food stop Salisbury, unless you divert to Sharon.
No bailouts after Salisbury (lunch.)
Notes provided on cue sheet:
1. Sharp left onto E St off Rt 4.
2. If you miss Mt Washington Rd, the left off Rt 41, you will hit Rt 23 in South Egremont,MA. Just turn around and go back 0.1 and it will be on the R after the pond.
3. Caution on Bash Bish descent. After the hairpins the road surface is poor. Go slowly!
4. Caution on the Harlem Valley Rail Trail as many pedestrians; keep right and single paceline, leader calling out traffic ahead.
5. Keep right on the poor shoulder of Rt 22 to Wassaic Station as cars move quickly here.
6. The optional extra miles on to Dover Plains or Wingdale are only if you have at least another hour before the next train and you are feeling strong, see original cue sheet.
7. Don’t count on cell phone service in some sections of this ride.